Front End Developer
- Dept: Development
- Location: Chester / Hybrid
- Salary: DOE
We'd love for you to join the team:
We’re an independent retail focussed digital agency with an exciting opportunity for a front end developer to join our family as we work towards building the evolution of retail.
Working within the delivery team you’ll be responsible for translating UX designs into working websites, storefronts, digital products and assets for some of the UK’s leading retail brands.
You’ll bring confidence, curiosity and a meticulous attention to detail and in return we’ll give you the freedom, technology and support you need to succeed in delivering best in class experiences for our client partners.
Culture is a huge part of who we are and earlier in the year we committed to both hybrid and flexible working empowering the team to achieve a better work/life balance while delivering their best work. You’ll immerse yourself and collaborate with the wider team in the office while working from home when flexibility is needed.
What you'll be doing:
- Translating UX designs into standards compliant working templates and components
- Building CRO test variations at scale within various test platforms
- Building personalised customer experiences within various personalisation platforms
- Working with the wider development team to build performance optimised storefronts
- A minimum of 2 years experience in a similar front end developer role
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5 and CSS3.
- Understanding of technical SEO.
- Understanding of performance and Core Web Vitals
- Understanding of web accessibility
- Familiarity of front end frameworks eg. Bootstrap, Tailwind CSS
- Understanding of server side CSS pre-processing platforms such as LESS and SASS.
- Familiarity of version control - Git & Sourcetree
- Familiarity using Scrum/Agile development methodologies
- A confident communicator; written and verbal.
What we offer:
- Hybrid working - 8 days WFH across a 4 week period
- A tailored personal development plan with the opportunity for accreditation with a variety of leading commerce and personalisation platforms.
- Flexible hours - Core hours 10-4
- 32 days holiday
- An unrivalled relaxed, collaborative family environment.
- Christmas and Summer events.
- Latest Macbook.
- Company pension scheme.
- Relaxed dress code - come to work at your most creative.
- Competitive pay.
- A financially stable workplace to grow - we’ve been going for 41 years.
Sherwen Studios is committed to equal opportunities and it welcomes applications from all who believe they fit the essential requirements of the job.
We're only as good as our people...
James McGregor Senior Digital Designer
From a work point of view, I’m very happy with the freedom given to get the job done in the best possible way – it’s a great relief to get that vote of confidence from Matt and the team whilst knowing that you have their help and support.